Health Tip: Safe Tips For Antibiotic Use
(HealthDay News) -- Antibiotics are frequently prescribed to fight bacterial infections. But if used improperly, the bacteria they are meant to kill can become resistant.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these guidelines for safe antibiotic use:
- Use the medicine exactly as directed.
- Make sure the recipient takes the entire course of antibiotics, even if the person is feeling better before the dose is finished.
- Never give someone an antibiotic that was prescribed for another person or for an earlier illness.
- Ask the doctor if the recipient should be seen by the doctor again after all of the antibiotic is taken to make sure the infection has cleared up.
- If the recipient hasn't gotten better after taking the full course of antibiotics, be sure to let your doctor know.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.