Healthy Recipe: Fall Beet & Kohlrabi Salad
Servings: 1 salad
- 3 cups arugula greens
- 2 cups spring mix
- 1/2 cup shredded napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup canned sliced beets
- 1/2 tsp toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp crumbled feta cheese
- 4 oz chicken breast grilled & julienned
- 1 cup of shredded kohlrabi
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tsp of fresh basil
- 2 tsp sweet chili sauce
- Pinches of cayenne, salt, pepper, chili flakes and parsley
- Curry powder
- Ginger powder
Grill chicken breast, slice julienne-style and set off to the side.
Whisk together the sweet chili sauce with a pinch of cayenne, salt & pepper, chili flakes, and parsley. Pour over beets and set off to the side.
Mix curry and ginger powder with flour and lightly coat the kohlrabi. Fry in 0 trans fat oil and hold on paper towel.
Chop fresh basil then pulse in a food processor with the balsamic vinaigrette.
Assemble in order of ingredients. Finish with the dressing and top with the fried kohlrabi.
Total Carbohydrates: 29g