Healthy Recipe: Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Add a little zip to your healthy diet with this simple, quick and refreshing summer dish that uses Thai spices.
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts
- Four, 4 ounce chicken breasts
- Thai spice mix:
- 1/8 teaspoon coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of ground clove
- pinch of ground anise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for sautéing
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil for sautéing
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 2 scallions (cut into slices at a diagonal angle)
- 1/2 of a red pepper (cut into short, thin strips)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet chili sauce
- chow mein noodles (garnish, not included in nutritional count)
Slice the chicken into strips. In a separate bowl, combine the Thai spice mix and toss the chicken into the mixture. In a pan, sauté the spiced chicken in olive and sesame oils, then drain and hold.
Separate the romaine hearts and rinse the leaves, patting them dry.
Combine the slaw ingredients in a separate bowl. In another small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together. Pour the dressing into the slaw mixture until it is well-coated.
Serve the wraps by placing two romaine leaves on each plate and spooning the sautéed chicken inside each leaf. Drizzle the chicken with sweet chili sauce and top it with the dressed slaw mixture. For an additional crunch, garnish the dish with chow mein noodles.
Proteins: 29 g
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Fat: 27 g
Sodium: 618 mg